Not So Comfortably Numb

Just some thoughts from a guy with an overactive mind...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Today's the day...

In just a few hours (@1045) I will have 3 of my teeth ripped out of my jaw. Thank God for modern medicine.

Let us take this time to thank all those cute, fuzzy, little animals who, not so willingly, sacrificed their lives so that we can know that our medicines won't kill us humans.

Thank you little rabbit.
Thank you little monkey.
Thank you little mouse.

And thanks to all others whom I may have forgotten.

Since we're on the subject of animals...
Let us take this time to thank all those animals who give their yummy flesh to us so that we can have a tasty meal.

Thank you Mrs. Cow.
Thank you Mrs. Chicken.
Thank you Mrs. Pig.
Thank you Mr. Fish.
Thank you Mr. Squirrel
And Thank you to all others whom I have forgotten.

And now... my shoulder is killing me... so I think I may get off the computer. Well... probably not... but I'm done typing.

6 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

Ok... so now I'm back... minus three teeth.
My upper jaw has little to no pain... my bottom jaw, on the other hand, hurts like a bitch. At least the dentist did warn me that the bottom ones are more painful since they rest right on a nerve. Thankfully I only had one tooth on the bottom.
I took a Vicodin... nothing. I'm about to take a second one. I forgot that pain killers don't work on me like they're supposed to. Oh well.

04 January, 2006 13:13  
Blogger southcutt said...

When I had my wisdom teeth out, they gave me Lortab (same active ingredients—hydrocodone and acetominophen—as Vicodin)...I took it twice, and both times I was so dizzy and out of it half an hour later that I had to just go to bed. After that I stuck with plain ol' ibuprofen. Granted, I was at least a hundred pounds lighter then (I was in middle school), but I still avoid narcotic painkillers because I hated that feeling so much.

Feel better fast, Nathan!

04 January, 2006 13:33  
Blogger Nathan said...

Well... I've taken a total of 2 Vicodin ES (which is like taking a total of 4 regular Vicodins)and I haven't gotten dizzy yet. I'm thinking of taking two just so I can. :)

Hmm... or just take one and drink a beer. :) I hear that magnifies the effects. :)

Oh... wait... Doc said I can't have anything carbonated for a few days.

Oh well... I'll just stick to the one at a time... with water.

PS I'm starving. I cannot wait to eat animals again.

04 January, 2006 19:47  
Blogger John Jackson said...

I'm sorry Nathan. That's rough. Just hang in there buddy. You're a pretty strong guy so I'm pretty sure you can handle it.

05 January, 2006 07:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try a Vicodin and a couple of Advil, that's what the doctor told me to take after my little surgical problem a couple years back. It works like a champ, although, I highly recomment avoiding all forms of vehicular navigation whilst being comforted by that sweet combination.

05 January, 2006 12:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I had my wisdom teeth out, they gave me two kinds of antibiotics but conveniently forgot the painkillers. How thoughtful of them. Of course, I didn't realize that the meds weren't helping the pain until two or three days later- I've never had pain meds so I didn't know how I was supposed to feel afterwards. Then I started taking ibuprofin and things were a lot better :) Hope you start feeling better soon!

Oh, and beer might be carbonated, but liquor and wine is not... just throwing that out there :)

07 January, 2006 18:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home