Not So Comfortably Numb

Just some thoughts from a guy with an overactive mind...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Christmas Shopping

I have finished most of my Christmas shopping. My mom woke me up at 1100 then we left the house around 1230. We went and ate lunch, then spent the rest of the day shopping.

There are only 3 more presents I need to buy... hopefully I will be able to find and buy them by Saturday.

Hmm... maybe next year I should give myself a challenge and do all of my Christmas shopping on the 24th.

Also... I've thought about this before... but I may as well make it public.
1st... I don't think I'll be telling my future kids about Santa. I don't think it's right to lie to kids and tell them that Santa exists just so you can do your shopping in peace. I mean... what happens at the stores when a kid acts up around Christmas time? The parent looks sweetly at their "little angel" and then sings "Behave yourself, or Santa won't bring you any presents."
No... these parents should look at their little brat and say "If you don't start respecting my authority I'm going to kick you in the teeth." I bet that would scare that little shit they call their child into submission.

2nd... I think I may tell my future kids that Christmas is really celebrated on December 27th. That way I can make it to all the Day-After-Christmas sales and buy all of my kids' presents for super cheap. And if I'm unable to buy the toys they want... well... it would just give me a perfect opportunity to demonstrate to them that we don't always get what we want... and that we should be happy for what we do get.

Man... I can't wait to have some little brats of my own. I'm going to teach them all kinds of cool stuff. *evil grin*

Anyways... I'm off to finish watching Smallville. I'm halfway through the 3rd season.

5 Comments:

Blogger Laura Schulte Bartus said...

Geez, Nathan, I would love to be your child. NOT!

22 December, 2005 01:25  
Blogger John Roberson said...

Dude, most of the time I ask my parents for gift cards so that I can use them on the after-Christmas sales. They never do it, but...

22 December, 2005 01:50  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, the Dec. 27th idea is brilliant. I'm definitely doing that. I'm also going to tell my kids that if they don't behave, not only will Santa not come, but I'll kill Santa so he'll never come...ever.

Luke said: On another note, my parents never put up any pretense of the existance of Santa Claus, and I turned out okay. :)

That's what you think. :D
Hehehehe

22 December, 2005 12:40  
Blogger John Jackson said...

Nathan, you should consider doing what our assistant pastor, Dave Lescalleet does with his kids. Rather than telling them that Santa comes down the chimney every year and gives them presents, every Christmas Eve, he sits them down in front of the fire place and tells them the story of the real St. Nicholas. When one studies the real St. Nicholas, one finds a much more interesting story than the modern myth, the story of an endearing Christian, who, if I recall correctly, successfully lobbied for one of the first recorded anti-abortion laws in history, in the Byzantine Empire.(which continued to be in effect for over a millenium) George Grant has this story on his blog at http://www.kingsmeadow.com/2005_12_01_blog_archive.html , though you have to scroll down a little.

23 December, 2005 11:00  
Blogger John Jackson said...

By the way, Chris, I just noticed your "weblink". www.poo-water.com . You are a piece of work man.

23 December, 2005 11:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home