Not So Comfortably Numb

Just some thoughts from a guy with an overactive mind...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Friends, Fun, and Mystery Beer

Last night was much fun. Andy, Amanda, Ed, and myself sat outside around the fire. Amanda had wine, Andy and Ed had both beer and wine... and I only had beer (for I dislike wine).

As always, hanging out with friends is much fun. However, the night was cut short once it started raining. We came inside and continued talking.

After 5 beers I decided I should go to bed. However, I wanted to finish off the six pack... but I decided against it so that I would have an extra beer tonight. I think I have a total of 8 left. I could be wrong.

Tonight, Mike, Ed, Andy, and myself ended up at a bar. I love this bar because it's usually not packed, and it has a nice environment (little to no loud college students).

I decided to order the mystery beer. It was only $1.50. Seeing as how it was a mystery beer... it was not good at all.

The (cute) bar tender was having a good time at my expense. She continued to harrass me since I was unable to guess what beer it was that I was drinking.

So after about 20 or 30 minutes of trying to guess this beer, the bar tender finally decided to tell me what it was that I was drinking. It was Keystone Light. *gag*

Since she had such a good time laughing at me, she decided not to charge me for the beer. And as we all know... free beer is good beer.

We're now back at the house. As soon as I finish this post and go to the potty, we're going to continue drinking. We're going to see about getting electricity back into the Cancer Shack so that we can sit out side with our pipes, cigars, cigarettes and alcohol.

I need to get a picture of the inside and outside of the Cancer Shack. I'm going to miss that once I move out of here. Maybe one day, when I get my own house, I can have a nice Cancer Shack made in the back yard. We shall see.

Anyways, the potty's-a-callin' and so is the beer. So I must be leaving. I shall give more of an update on my life later.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How in the hell were we supposed to derive Keystone Light from "Enchanted Rock"??? Is that bar tender an Aggie? Oh, she probably is, that explains it, you have to think like an aggie in order to make that logic work. haha.

Anyways, seriously, I can understand how you'd get "stone" from "rock", but "key" from "enchanted"?? 2 + 2 = 5 in her book too I guess.

14 December, 2005 22:17  
Blogger Nathan said...

Hey... don't make fun of her too much. She's cute... therefore... she can get away with that kind of logic.

14 December, 2005 23:46  
Blogger Nathan said...

True... but it makes it easier to overlook. ;)

15 December, 2005 13:15  
Blogger Ed said...

Not only was she cute...she was Baptist.

Shel also kept Mississippi Mike in his place, which was awesome.

16 December, 2005 08:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, a cute baptist girl working as a bartender? What has this world come to?

16 December, 2005 11:53  
Blogger southcutt said...

She must be a cute, naughty Baptist girl! ;-)

She kept Mike in his place!?!

And what's all this about "Enchanted Rock"?

By the way, I think somebody's gonna get fired at Google—the first three letters of the "Word Verification" I have to enter to post this are "AOL"!

17 December, 2005 00:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home