Not So Comfortably Numb

Just some thoughts from a guy with an overactive mind...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Turn Up the Heat

"It's so cold I could snap my genitals off like a graham cracker." - Stephen Colbert.

For Eskimos, like my brother, last night and today could be spent outside comfortably. However, for us normal people, it's f'ing cold out.

I remember hearing many complain about the heat during the summer. (I'm guilty of this as well)

But now... I'd gladly trade this arctic weather for 100 degrees of heat.

Last night Mike, Caleb, and myself decided to run to H.E.B. to get more cigarettes (Camel Light = $2.88 and Buglers = $1.64 In other words, it's the cheapest place to buy tobacco in town). After H.E.B. we decided to go eat at IHOP.

So, we went out to get in my car... I went to unlock the passenger side door... only to realize that the keyhole was completely iced over and I could not get the key in there. So I unlocked the driver's side... got in... reached over and unlocked the passenger side door... only to find that they were iced shut. Mike and Caleb had to lift the handle while I pushed from the inside.

We then realized that there was so much ice on the windows that I could not see to drive. So I began to scrape at the windows with a 3½ floppy disk. (What? It's all I had)
Mike went inside and got some water to pour on the windshield. I was a little wary at this... but he insured me that if he cracked my windshield that he would replace it... so I let him pour the water on the window.

In the mean time, I had the engine running... and the defroster blasting at full speed on the window.

Eventually... after a few pots of water, a few minutes of scraping, and a few minutes of the defroster blazing, we removed all the ice from the windshield. Off we went.

So we bought the tobacco products and went to IHOP. (They open their smoking section after 10pm... so we could enjoy our cigarettes in the nice, warm inside.) We ate... then came back to the house.

Then this morning I woke up only to find that it was even colder out than it was last night.

I loathe cold weather. I'm already looking forward to the inferno known as summer.

And now I'm finished rambling... I've got a lot of studying to do... so... that's all I have to say about that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it's supposed to make it down to about 17 degrees tonight. I think I'll sleep with my windows open tonight. Haha, no, that's too cold for even me.

Funny about the cold weather though. Last night at about 1am, Wanda and I were about to go to bed so I took Buddy out to go to the bathroom. I knew he needed to go because he hadn't gone at all in almost 24 hours. Buddy, like Nathan, is a little wus and cries when it gets cold outside. :) Everytime I'd take him outside, the cold air would blast him in the face and he'd run right back inside. So by 1am I knew he needed to go, so I had to show tough love and not let him back in until he went. So I put on my ski gear (I was toasty :)) and took Buddy outside. He refused to walk so I had to "drag" (the ground was icy so he was "ice skating") him a few feet until he gave up and started walking. He whined a minute but then finally went. Hahaha, it was steaming since it was so cold outside. :)

08 December, 2005 16:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home