Not So Comfortably Numb

Just some thoughts from a guy with an overactive mind...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Lightninging

I love storms.

I noticed that it was raining... and thundering... and lightning...ing, so I decided to go stand on the porch for a bit to enjoy a bit of God's artwork.

I was just staring out into the open... and this was the first time I noticed this. I guess I was looking in the right place at the right time. When the lightning flashed I was able to see thousands of rain drops all light up at the same time. It was beautiful. Words can do no justice in explaining the sight I saw.

Furthermore, I stood in awe at how awesome God's creation truly is. It's quite easy to forget at times... seeing as how the world around us is a daily part of our lives... so I'm thankful that God gave me the opportunity to enjoy his work early this morning.

Also, while I was standing out on the porch, a decent sized spider decided to hitch a ride on my pant leg. Once I returned to my room, I noticed a black thing on my leg. I figured it was just some of Dubeee's hair... but no... once I pinched it and threw it in the floor I realized that it was not hair... because hair isn't crunchy... or juicy. :) So I examined it a bit further and then realized that it was indeed a spider. I then laughed to myself and thought of what would happen if Christopher would have done that. :)

In other news, I have now completed 2/5 of my finals.
Math and Speech are out of the way.
All that's left is Ethics, English, and Philosophy of Religion.
Tomorrow I hope to spend most of my day in the library studying... because I have to make a "C" in my English class if I'm going to acquire my associate's degree by the end of the summer.
So... I have to make sure that I understand Othello well enough to write a short essay answering some questions.
Oh joy. Shakespeare.

I should probably go to bed soon... actually... I should've gone to bed a long time ago. It's now 4:10 in the a.m. :)

Oh... and I watched a movie tonight. It's called "Lord of War". I'm not too sure if I liked it or not. I mean... it wasn't bad... but... I'm not sure if I liked it.

I'm super excited about going to Florida! In four days I will be returning to Austin. FOUR DAYS! I can't wait. :) Well... I can... because I have to. :)
Then Florida!

Then more school... but I won't think about that at the moment.

This weather isn't really making my joints feel all that great. But I love storms. I was seriously tempted to go stand out in the street... but then I decided against because I didn't want to come inside super soaked.

Ok... it's now bed time. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

I didn't get burned... if Christopher wasn't married, mom would still be doing his laundry too. AND... she doesn't always do my laundry... only when I come home... and even then I'll do it myself unless she's already taken care of it. :)

08 May, 2006 15:42  
Blogger Nathan said...

:o
Jess!
I'm super cerial!
Why won't you take me cerial?!?!?

08 May, 2006 21:12  
Blogger southcutt said...

I take you cereal, Nathan. Want to go hunt for Manbearpig? It's part pig and part manbear. Or it might be part man and part bearpig.

09 May, 2006 09:52  
Blogger Nathan said...

No no no... it's half man, half bear, and half pig.
Get it right... or else you don't take Manbearpig cereal!

09 May, 2006 12:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lightning is one of the most spectacular things ive ever experienced. i love seeing it in different facets. ive never seen what you described, but i hope to someday.

p.s., othello isn't really that intimidating.

10 June, 2006 23:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home