Not So Comfortably Numb

Just some thoughts from a guy with an overactive mind...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Homework / Rant

Alas.

I am sitting here in the computer lab continuing my work for one of my research projects due Wednesday (the 19th).

I am so sick and tired of this semester. Actually... I'm just sick and tired of this English class. My other classes do not vex me so.

I am writing a paper on the portrayal of guilt seen in some of Poe's writings through the first person narrative. What fun.

I really like Poe... but... once this paper is finished... I don't think I'll be reading any of his stuff for quite some time.

I really dislike analyzing literature. I do not see what purpose it serves... nor do I understand how it will benefit me later in life.
Seriously... when I read a book... I either like it or I don't. I'm not going to sit down with pen, paper, and a highlighter to try and figure out the "deeper meaning" of the story. If an author isn't good enough to get his/her point across without the writing needing to be analyzed... then, in my opinion, they're a piss-poor author.

Anyways... I've been here in the lab since about 11 or so in the p.m. ... maybe earlier. It's now 3:30 in the a.m. and it looks like I'll be here until about 6 in the a.m. Oh joy!

*sigh*

Have I mentioned that I'm ready for this semester to end?

In other news...
This summer I'll be taking 2 math classes and a creative writing course. (so long as these are offered over the summer... if they're not... I'm not sure what I'll do.)
1st summer session will be the more basic of the math courses and the creative writing course. 2nd summer session will consist of the more advanced of the math courses.
Once these three courses are complete... I will have my associate’s degree in philosophy. I'm really hoping that this degree (even though it's not a bachelor degree) will help me find a job once I move back home.

My mind has been all over the place for a while now. I've prayed many times for God to remind me that He's in control over everything... which helps me not to worry about the unknown. The funny thing is... I'm not typically a worrier. However, as of late I've been noticing myself worrying about various things. I think this is because there are more things in motion (or will be soon) than I am used to dealing with all at once.
I thank God for giving me the gift of patience. If I were not a patient person, I do not know how I would be handling all of these things right now. I think my mind would probably explode.

Ok... I've got a bit off my mind. I must now go and hopefully finish my work soon... because bed is starting to sound really good right about now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

You are correct. :)

12 April, 2006 14:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home