Not So Comfortably Numb

Just some thoughts from a guy with an overactive mind...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Weird...

First off... I must say that today turned out to be a great day. :)

Also, when I returned home, Dubeee was so happy to see me. :) I've missed her.

Ok... now to the reason for this post.... this is really really weird.


Last night I had a dream that I had to go back to boot camp. However, this time my friend Jared was with me and so was someone else I know, but I can't remember who it was.

Anyways... while talking to Jared in my dream I mentioned something and then I immediately awoke.

At this point I had an entire load of memories flooding through my mind. The problem is... I don't think these memories are true memories. What's really weird about this... is that I actually think that they might be true.

For instance, one of these memories was that about a year before I was discharged from the Marine Corps I was sent home. Then I remember being home for about a week or so when my GySgt called me up and told me to come back. And from there I stayed for another year or so. I really doubt this ever happened... but I can remember it so vividly that I have a hard time believing that this never happened.
Also, I remember driving down several roads in Austin... that don't exist.
Now... these memories weren't part of the dream I had last night. Maybe they're past dreams or something... but they just feel so real.

So... tomorrow I'm going to ask my parents about this... because if they remember it happening, then I'll know it really did happen.

Problem is... if this memory is real... then how in the world did I forget about it until this morning?

Furthermore, a few weeks ago... just before I fell asleep... I had a quick vision of various things. I have no idea what the vision was... but it felt as if I had a quick flash of memories that I have completely forgotten about.

So now I'm asking myself if someone messed with my mind (like in the movie "Conspiracy Theory").

Anyways... I hope I can figure all of this out... because it's kind of weirding me out. :)

Ahh... the mind. It's such a mysterious place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home