Not So Comfortably Numb

Just some thoughts from a guy with an overactive mind...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, January 20, 2006

Shopping For Beer

Every time I go to buy beer I run into the same problem. I end up standing in front of the beer for about 10 minutes... just staring... trying to figure out which one to buy.

Do I buy a beer I haven't had in a long time?

Do I buy a beer that I know I enjoy?

If so... which beer?

Or do I take the brave option and buy a beer that I have never had before?

For some reason I can never just go into the store and grab a 6 pack/case of beer... it's like I'm trying to make some life or death decision.

Actually... come to think of it... I guess it is a life or death situation. I mean... how many people do you know who say "I hate beer." yet all they've ever had to drink is Bud Light?

Getting the right beer is just as important, nay, more important than getting the right woman to marry you. (Thankfully... I've found the right woman. Svetlana... and she says she likes all kinds of beers... so I'm all set.) If you choose the wrong beer... you may never want to drink beer again.

For instance... when I drank that $0.88 can of Mickey's... I never wanted to touch another beer. But then... I remembered how totally amazing other beers are... so I rushed off to the store and bought a good beer to wash that nasty taste out of my mouth.

So... although it takes me a long time to pick out my beer... at least I know that I'll be drinking good that night.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan, you're making this far more difficult than it needs to be. Here's what you do.

1) Rule out anything with the words "Bud" or "Miller" in any shape, form or fashion; afterall, you can get water from the tap and it's at least free.

2) Anything that has the word "light" in it is also thrown out on the same logic as step 1.

3) This is a 2 parter, you know have a fair selection left to choose from. You can choose one of two possible options:
A) Categorize beer by the country in which it was brewed and start a monthly cycle. Much like a girl's, but a beer cycle. You may get PBS if you go this route, so you may want to choose option B.
B) Buy one of everything that's left. Can you really go wrong here?

There, problem solved.

20 January, 2006 11:39  
Blogger Ed said...

Sam Light being the exception, that's not bad.

Of course this discourse on beer from the man who orders the mystery beer? Enchanted Rock anyone?

21 January, 2006 16:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, that's about the taste I expect from Aggies. ;)

23 January, 2006 13:57  
Blogger Ed said...

Jack Bauer made me type that!

23 January, 2006 20:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home