Not So Comfortably Numb

Just some thoughts from a guy with an overactive mind...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, November 28, 2005

There's more to life than this...

Seeing as how my roommate just went to bed... I'm going to make this post sort of short. (I think)

As usual… it’s late… and I’ve got more on my mind that I would like. Many times I wish I had an on/off switch for my brain.

Kid Rock says in Only God Knows Why:

”Oh somehow I know there's more to life than this...”


And lately… that’s what’s been on my mind. Every day… same thing. The daily routine is driving me crazy. Every day I go to class, eat, sleep, type on the computer… so… yeah… there’s got to be more to life than this. Often I feel as if I’m just taking up space in this enormous universe.

Once I think I’ve got everything figured out… things change and nothing makes sense to me any more. Hopefully one day I’ll have a better understanding of life and the things that happen during this life.

And I’m not going to go into this any further at the moment. I’m tired and want to go to bed.

But of course, I’m going to continue typing instead of sleeping.

And since I don’t really want to expose my thoughts at the moment, I’ll give an update of this past weekend.

Thanksgiving was… different. Ashley and Mike wasn’t with us… my grandpa wasn’t with us… Christopher and Wanda wasn’t with us… the only people who ate Thanksgiving lunch was me, my dad, my mom, and my grandma.

Sometime after we ate, my grandma went back to her house… then Christopher and Wanda showed up for dinner.

Usually my aunt and cousins visit us over Thanksgiving… but this year they did not.

So yeah… our Thanksgiving gathering was much smaller than usual.

The rest of the weekend was spent playing Halo 2 with Luke, Christopher and Wanda. I love that game. I’m not all that good… but it’s still fun… and it’s always fun hanging around friends and family.

I made it back into town at 0045… then I cleaned my room until almost 0300… then I hooked the computer back up.

And that’s all for now.

So much for keeping this short.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Thanksgiving this year was a bit lacking as compared to the last several years. This is the first year that I've had to split holidays between my family and Wanda's. Hopefully things will become a bit more normal soon, because it was a bit lonely this year at Thanksgiving dinner with no Ashley, no grandparents, and no Lana et al. The Thanksgiving feast we had at Aunt Sandy's though with a couple minor exceptions :) was great.

28 November, 2005 13:09  
Blogger John Jackson said...

Hey Nathan, welcome to the world of blogging. It'd be great if you could add me to your buddies list too.

28 November, 2005 15:20  
Blogger John Jackson said...

Hey thanks for adding me. I'm gonna have Paul add you to ours.

29 November, 2005 08:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home