Not So Comfortably Numb

Just some thoughts from a guy with an overactive mind...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Sunday, June 25, 2006

No Title

It was made evident to me tonight that God wants me to be alive.

On my way back to College Station I noticed that there was a wreck about 5 cars in front of me. Traffic came to a complete stop for a little over half an hour...

But... this was an accident like I've never seen before. There was about 20 police car/ambulances. I wasn't able to see the wreck at this point... but I figured it had to be bad for there to be that many flashing lights.

Of course, half of the people in the traffic had to get out of their cars and walk up to the accident to see what happened. (I never understood why people do this... just stay in your car and let the medics do their job. I promise... they don't need your help.)

Traffic began to move again... then I passed by the car(s?)
This wreck took place about 100 yards from where I had been stopped in traffic.
The car... it was bad. The only way the people in the car survived was if God hand his hands surrounding them during the crash.

The car (or it could've been cars) was in such bad shape that I could barely tell it was a car. Had it not been for the wheels/tires it would've just looked like a brick of scrap metal.

I then realized that had I left my house 30 - 60 seconds before I did... that could have been me. That could have been my loved ones who received a call informing them that I died.

So... God has a reason for me to be alive. I'm not sure what that reason is but I'm thankful that He's given me yet another day to live on this earth.

I pray for the people and the families of the people involved in the crash.

Must get back to homework...

3 Comments:

Blogger southcutt said...

He wants you alive so you can eventually get around to returning my phone calls, you lazy bum!

Just kidding...glad you made it back safely. Let's hang out this week sometime, shall we? (I probably won't come back to read your response, so call me or email instead.)

26 June, 2006 04:39  
Blogger Nathan said...

Yeah... I don't want to be dead either. :)

27 June, 2006 16:33  
Blogger southcutt said...

Hey, I just read this and thought you might like to rant about it: Surgeon General: Beware Secondhand Smoke.

28 June, 2006 06:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home