Not So Comfortably Numb

Just some thoughts from a guy with an overactive mind...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

All Mixed Up

Well... what to say?

I guess I should first mention that I have cleaned my room. I decided to do so after opening my fridge and smelling one of the worst smells I have ever experienced.

So... I cleaned my room so I would be able to open my fridge all the way.

What did I find in the fridge? Umm... some milk that expired over a month ago... some extremely old spinach that had turned to mush... some old yogurt that expired over a month ago... some month old sandwich meat... some food I brought home from some resteraunt who knows how long ago... and a bag of celery in the bottom tray of the fridge.

You know what I learned through all this?
If you leave celery in the fridge for a really long time... it leaves a pool of brownish-green liquid underneath it.

Yeah... it smelled awful! :)

So I now have a clean room... and a clean fridge. :)

Well... a more-clean room. ;)

School is driving me insane. As of right now I have a 78 in my math class. This is due to not completing all of the homework (mainly because the assignments are so confusing that I don't know what's due and when it's due... so I miss things)... and I made a 67 on my second test. But... I made a 94 on the first test and a 96 on the third test. I don't know what happened on the 2nd test...

Tech writing isn't too bad. However, it's got me a bit discouraged at the moment. One of our assignments is to find a job listing that we qualify for... then write our resume for the job. So why is this discouraging? Well... because I realized how little I am qualified to do. I mean... I've got 3 years of welding experience... but that was over 4 years ago... and a welding company would much prefer someone with a little more current experience. Other than that... I've got nothing.
Seriously... I worked at Albertsons for 3 months back when I was 16... then I worked at HEB for a little over two years as a cashier/bagger... then I've got my Marine Corps experience... a job with Home Depot as a cashier that lasted for 2 months... then a catering job that lasted for about 5 months... then a job at Home Depot for another 4 or 5 months... and finally... a temp. job pulling files off a shelf.
Oh yeah... I can see a business jumping at the opportunity to hire someone of my expertise.

Sorry... I'm a bit cynical at the moment. I really want to find a job as soon as I get home that pays well and has good benefits... but I'm not qualified for anything other than a stupid cashiering job.

Seriously... I've searched the city of Austin's job site... monster.com... craigslist.com... and various other job search sites. What have I found that I'm qualified to do? Absolutely nothing.

And it's not that I'm incapable of keeping a job... and I hate job-hopping... I do have valid reasons for why I've had so many jobs for such a short period of time. My parents wanted me to quit the job at Albertsons because the management sucked... then I had to quit at HEB because I left for boot camp... then I was discharged from the Marines because I screwed my knees/body up... then I quit the job at Home Depot because I moved to College Station... then I quit the catering job because I continued to get scheduled for 60-80 hours a week (as a part-time employee) and I couldn't do that and go to school... then I quit at Home Depot because I moved back to Austin... and the temp. job... well... it was a temp. job.

I really just want to scream. I need to take some time and go out to my thinking spot one night soon. That always helps. I'll see if I can do that at some point this weekend. (but I'll have to remember the insect repellant)

I don't know...

I'm trying not to let this get me down because I know that God will give me a job when it's time for me to have a job.

Furthermore... I just want to go home. I'm sick of school. I'm sick of being away from home. I know I've only got about 6 or 7 weeks left here... but I really just don't want to be here.

And this reminds me... the psychology degree is pretty much out of the question now. I've been doing a lot of thinking on it... and I don't think it's something I should persue. Mainly because a psychology degree isn't all that great without a master's or PhD... and I really don't want to take another 4-6 years of school. I'm tired of school. I've only got about 2 years left before I'll have my Bachelor's Degree... and after that... I don't want to go back to school.

However... now I have no idea what I want to major in. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out a degree that would land me a job that I'd be extremely happy in... and I can't really think of anything. Well... I've had a few passing thoughts... but... I just don't know. I need summer school to hurry and end so I can think straight again.

So yeah... I've got a mixture of emotions right now... and I'm ready for them to stabilize.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

Yeah... I checked that one out too. It's ok... I'll get it figured out by the time I move home.

21 June, 2006 13:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home