Not So Comfortably Numb

Just some thoughts from a guy with an overactive mind...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Awesome...

Yesterday was an interesting day.

It started off... well... seeing as how I never went to bed the night before, yesterday started at midnight.

Anyways, yesterday, around 8:30 in the a.m. I decided to get my 1 1/2 days worth of a paycheck that I could've (should've) picked up over a month ago. So I called the place that holds the paychecks and ask for directions. I'd been there before but that was a year or two ago. The woman gives me directions and I get in my car...

I do like the woman says... I went down 35, took the Taylor/Hutto exit, took a u-turn at the light... took a left at the next light... then never saw a Sonic or YMCA...

So I pull over and call my dad to see if he can help me with directions. He wasn't at a computer so I called my brother. However, at the time he was also no where near a computer. So I decided to try and find something to eat and then wait for Christopher to call me back with directions.

So I turn around and head back the direction I came... took a right back onto the access road... and took a right at that light instead of taking a u-turn. Once I made it to the next stoplight I realized where I was. So I took a left... saw the Sonic and the YMCA and then the place I was looking for on my left.

So... I'm guessing the woman said at the light "you turn"... however, I swear the woman said u-turn at the light. Whatever. I got my check and went home. (after eating at Sonic)

By 10 in the a.m. I start mowing the yard. 5 hours later I finally finished both the front and back yard, trimming the tree in the front, edging the lawn, and pulling an entire basket full of sticker plants out of the back yard. Why did it take so long? Because the grass in the back was higher than my knees and my dad likes the yard to be mowed using the catch-bag. Which meant that every few passes I had to take the bag off and empty it into one of those large lawn bags.

Once I finish I decide to take a bath since I'm covered in cut grass, dirt, and sweat. I went upstairs and took my shirt off... my shoulders looked exceptionally dirty... once I finished bathing I looked at my shoulders... yeah... they're sunburned. They weren't dark due to dirt. Well... they were dirty... but the burn's pretty dark. :) However, the burn actually doesn't hurt all too badly. And I'm thankful for that.

The End.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

I could've gone another two days... but there was no need to do so... so I bathed. Besides, I wanted to run some cool water over my shoulders.

10 October, 2006 21:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home