Not So Comfortably Numb

Just some thoughts from a guy with an overactive mind...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Close Call



So... I had to return a movie (Grandma's Boy) to Blockbuster tonight. I parked in the HEB parking lot since I needed to buy some more deodorant... and walked over to Blockbuster... then slipped the movie into the return slot.

I then meandered my way over to HEB. As I approached the doors I decided to buy some beer. I looked at the clock on my cell phone... it showed that I had 5 minutes to get the beer and purchase before they stopped selling it. However, I decided to ask one of the cashiers what time the clock on the register said. She looked at it... looked back at me and said "11:57... you have 3 minutes... you better run."

So... I took off to the beer aisle. I spotted the beer I wanted to buy (Boddingtons Pub Ale)... grabbed it... then ran back to the registers.

Crap! There was a line.

I sat the beer on the conveyor belt... then looked at the register's clock. To my horror I read "11:59". I had less than one minute to purchase the beer!!!

The lady in front of me (who I'm assuming worked there since she was wearing an HEB uniform) looked at my beer... looked at the register... grabbed her items... then said to me "Oh. Here. Go ahead of me." To this I was extremely grateful and told her "thank you" over and over again.

The cashier then scanned my beer... I paid... and all is right within the universe.

So... I have my beer. Mmm....

(Oh... and Christopher... since I wasn't able to buy you a beer on your birthday... I'm saving one or two of these for you next time you're over.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll have to enjoy one the next time I'm in town as well my friend!

26 September, 2006 17:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home